Medical Education Review Program (MERP) is located in Freeport, Grand Bahama. MERP is a rigorous 15-week program designed to prepare students for successful entry into the Schools of Medicine (Ross University and American University of the Caribbean). MERP’s curriculum provides preparatory science courses and is offered by invitation to medical school applicants who do not yet fully qualify for acceptance to our medical schools.
This non-academic post will provide individual, couple, family, and group counseling to a diverse academic community of medical students and their families at the Freeport Bahamas location. Additional responsibilities will include assessment, crisis intervention, workshop development and facilitation, outreach, and consultation with other MERP professionals and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, couple, family, and group counseling to medical students and family members;
- Provide crisis intervention, assessment, and on-call services;
- Develop and implement mental health promotion and outreach activities;
- Consult with other DMI institution departments, programs, and professionals;
- Provide guidance in career exploration, academic development, and other career related issues;
- Participate in on-going professional development, departmental, and RUSM professional meetings; and
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Counseling and/or the Department Chair
- Master's degree in Counseling or a closely related field
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor(LPCC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required with all supervised experience hours completed.
- Experience in a competitive and challenging academic/college or university setting is desirable
- Ability to administer and interpret evidenced-based behavioral health assessments
- Excellent computer and written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and in-depth knowledge about the clinical practice of counseling
- Active participation in professional associations
- Demonstrated clinical experience
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today
Ross University School of Medicine - 24 months ago