WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Management & Training Corporation's Correctional Alternative Placement Program (MTC Idaho CAPP) is currently seeking Certified Alcohol Drug Counselors (CADC) and/or Certified Idaho Students of Addictions Studies (ISAS) to teach programming courses for substance abuse treatment.
Reports to the deputy warden of programs. Responsible for providing academic instruction and rehabilitative services to offenders in accordance with approved curricula and in compliance with Management and Training Corporation (MTC) and Idaho Department of Corrections (IDOC).
1. Plan and conduct classes and activities for offenders in the Meth Matrix Model, Relapse Prevention, life skills, MRT, Family Reunification, Work Force Readiness and other subjects
2. Prepare teaching plans, activities and learning experiences to increase the positive impact of courses taught.
3. Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of substance abuse and other program content.
4. Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials individualized to the specific need of the offender.
5. Assess offender performance.
6. Participate in staff conferences in an endeavor to develop and improve programs.
7. Adjust material and curriculum to the individual differences of the assigned.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
9. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in counseling or related field, or four (4) years work experience as a substance abuse counselor or treatment aide in a substance abuse treatment program, detoxification program or related area.
Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC) certification required for certain classes.
Valid driver's license in the State of Idaho with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Employment Subject to MTC and IDOC background check.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...