This position is responsible for providing initial assessment, crisis intervention, and group counseling and therapy (as appropriate to licensure) to patients experiencing mental and/or behavioral health issues.
1. Provides initial clinical assessment of patients/clients needs based on presenting concerns.
2. Triages patient for specific therapy focus if applicable.
3. Provides group therapy for adult behavioral health inpatients.
4. Provides interventions for patients and families.
5. May provide case management and coordination with other treatment agencies or outside support services as needed.
6. Prepares and maintains all required treatment records and reports.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: ' Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field required.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: ' Minimum of three years experience in psychiatric treatment setting required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: ' Licensure/registration as a mental health professional as required by the state.
' Licensure or certification in related field preferred (e.g. LCSW, PA, MA, PA, MS, NCAC).
' Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification may be required at date of hire.
OTHER SKILLS: ' Strong clinical assessment and crisis intervention skills
' Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas and present information accurately and effectively with people in difficult situations
' Good analytical and problem solving skills
' Effective counseling skills
' Ability to work independently and in an organized manner
' Proficient in the use of the computer including MS Office applications
PeaceHealth - 2 years ago
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...