Counsels and provides individual and group educational and vocational guidance services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Assists individuals to understanding and overcoming social, emotional, and developmental issues
- Coordinates with campus police, faculty, administrators, and staff to provide crisis intervention, counseling, and referral
- Develops and presents relevant wellness and/or student success seminars on campus
- Refers students to relevant community resources as needed
- Engages in research and follow-up activities to evaluate counseling techniques
- Assists with the academic advising process
- Visits area high schools to conduct seminars and presentations, or disperse college information as necessary
- Communicates, collaborates and provides consultation with faculty to increase student success
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics, for vocational and educational planning
- Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to aid counselees in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the TCC Institute
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work from a regionally accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of experience in an academic counseling environment
- Licensed Professional Counselor ( LPC )
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist ( LMFT )
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist ( LCP )
- National Certified Counselor ( NCC )
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Experience working with computerized systems
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Special Instructions Summary
Tarrant County College offers a variety of credit courses through the Center for Distance Learning. Courses are offered via Instructional...