Serves as primary developer and overseer of activities and programs that enrich student life at Yale Law School. Works with student leaders on strategies to enhance student experience. Develops and implements wellness programs in conjunction with other University offices. With the Dean of Students, develops and executes Quality of Life initiatives, provides personal counseling and refer for professional counseling as needed, manages internal and external community relations. Develops and oversees Dean's Advisors programming. |
Department URL Address:
1. In collaboration with the Dean of Students, provides personal counseling for students, which entail working with students who are undergoing a personal crisis and/or who need guidance managing the stress associated with the school transition, workload, and career paths. Refers students for professional counseling as appropriate.
2. Works with student leaders to develop strategies to enhance the student experience at the school.
3. Develops and implements wellness programs for the student body, in conjunction with other University departments, including University Counseling Services.
4. With the Dean of Students, develops and executes Quality of Life Initiatives, including focus groups, surveys, exit interviews, and mentoring programs. Develops mechanisms for student feedback as appropriate.
5. Creates various department-wide programs, including orientation.
6. Develops and oversees Dean’s Advisors programming.
7. Manages both internal and external community relations, which includes managing communications related to cross-school partnerships, acting as a contact person for third parties who wish to work with students, and generally interacting with the school student body.
8. Collaborates with other administrative offices on related projects and initiatives as needed.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
JD and two to three years of practice in the legal field post-graduation.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven ability to work successfully with a wide range of constituents in a collaborative environment.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to model mature, responsible and professional behavior and to maintain strict confidentiality.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to deal effectively with crises, emergency situations, and those requiring skillful navigation.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
MSW or other counseling-related certification. Prior experience in student affairs in an academic environment.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 2 years ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...