If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Waterworks Counter Sales Manager associate in our San Antonio, TX location. If you have familiarity and experience in waterworks materials, working in a warehouse, coupled with a commitment to great customer service, this is the position for you!
As a Counter Sales Manager, you will:
- Develop and maintain a productive team by hiring, training, and providing professional development
- Assist Branch Manager and Manager of Counters with Human Resource Planning
- Train counter associates on products, sales, systems and operations
- Provide communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining associates
- Establish and maintain work schedules according to business needs
- Develop new customers through phone sales and occasionally prospecting for customers within a 3-5 mile radius of the store
- Provide information about new products/services and promotional offerings
- Enter quotations, orders, cash sales, requests for credit and pull customer orders promptly, completely, and accurately as needed
A successful Counter Sales Manager will possess the following:
- Local market knowledge
- Experience in waterworks sales
- Ability to handle numerous customers simultaneously
- Ability to work with and analyze numbers
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Customer service skills
- General computer skills
- Knowledge of logistics capabilities
- Leadership skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of Distribution Center pricing programs
- Ability to interpret marking reports, analyze KOB’s, products, and customers
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson is able to offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (four plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
In business for 60 years, Ferguson is ranked by Trade Publications as one of the largest suppliers of construction related products and services in the country. They serve multiple segments of the construction sector including: commercial, hospitality, government, institutional, residential, industrial, heating & cooling and waterworks markets with broad capabilities to meet their customers' needs. It's Ferguson's associates who make the difference. Ferguson employs approximately 18,000 associates. Ferguson services customers coast-to-coast, with a distribution network spanning approximately 1,300 locations and serves customers in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
Ferguson has a unique culture and a tradition of supporting civic, cultural, educational and environmental activities. The company is committed to the highest standards of ethics, from helping customers select green product solutions to providing a safe and secure workplace environment. Ferguson is committed to growth - of their business, their people, and their support of the communities in which they do business.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade publications...