Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Track, analyze, and assess risks of other organizations participating in financing, underwriting or insuring assets in which the company has invested. Assess and approve credit limits for investment or insurance by counterparties. Analyze and evaluate current and potential credit exposure for counterparties that are related because of similar industry, geographic, or economic characteristics. Recommend or implement credit enhancement provisions if counterparty credit is downgraded. Apply and evaluate credit management models developed by analytics group.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess funding, business practices, geographical distribution of business, client data and other pertinent information about bank, originator, insurance company, or other entity engaged in sharing financing or underwriting with the corporation.
- Thoroughly understand and mitigate transaction risks through detailed analyses of Lenders? files, consultation with Lenders, and onsite due diligence. Recommend sound loan structuring techniques that mitigate risk for lender and for organization.
- Perform test work of various lender functions including custodial accounting, investor reporting, default management, and overall servicing of loans for the organization.
- Analyze production, lending, servicing, insurance, or underwriting data as it comes in from related company(s) and determine if activities are within agreed to parameters. Make recommendations for measures that could be taken to correct deficiencies.
- Conduct due diligence on potential new relationships or business with counterparties - develop recommendations memo to appropriate business unit Credit Committee(s)
- May participate in project concerned with developing new procedures, new analytical methods, or enhancements of proprietary systems used to analyze related lenders' business practices and production.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or equivalent.
- Masters Degree or CFA preferred.
- Experience conducting credit analysis of and/or knowledge of domestic and foreign commercial banks, broker dealer and mortgage banks.
- Experience using counterparty credit models a plus.
- Knowledge of capital markets, bank and broker dealer sectors and products.
- Work experience in credit research or credit risk department a plus
- Demonstrated research abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially good writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good financial modeling skills and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Can produce quality work independently.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...