The CIO is responsible of the country or countries strategic and tactical operational aspects of the Information Technology function.
This position manages the systems projects and telecommunications, aligned with the corporate strategies, clients’ needs and IT trends, identifies opportunities and solutions to improve our practices, manages resources, internal, external and consulting services, for the purpose of applications development in the country.
IT Strategic Support
- Provide valuable solutions, to improve business practices, by developing/implementing business applications and processes. The solutions implemented should have tangibles, in both, financial benefits and quality improvements, aimed to increase the competitive advantage of the business in the industry.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues related to application system’s performance and functionality, to insure that business needs are efficiently fulfilled.
- Resolve operational and process flow related issues, by proactively aligning required resources and implementing permanent solutions for the operation.
- Insure that daily support is provided effectively and with the level of customer service quality, to meet the standard demanded by the business and enforced by the systems department.
- IT Financial Acumen - Responsible for ensuring IT Financials are accurately treated and reflected for procurement.
- Champion and train ACE IT-PMO/VMO policy, procedure, and methodology to IT and ACE Business.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Project Management Office (PMO) processes, policies, procedures and ability, with proven experience, to identify gaps, recommend solutions, and execute remediation within VMO.
- Planning - Responsible for the development and oversight of the IT Vendor Portfolio and VMO roadmaps.
- Identify and solve/resolve vendor issues effectively.
- Fully bilingual Spanish/English.
- At least 10 years’ experience in management for systems professionals.
- At least 5 years’ experience in computer operations.
- Excellent communications skills at professional and top management levels.
- At least 7 years’ experience in insurance applications development.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Project management.
- College degree in information systems or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in systems development.
- Ability to travel when a business need requires
- Excellent communications and customer service skills to handle with all levels of operational, professional and top management personnel.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to keep project on track and work with non-systems resources to encompass all business needs.
- Excellent time management to insure time is optimally utilized by all resources reporting to position and that the projects are completed accurately within planned time frames.
- It is expected that the person performing this function will be a self-starter and will be a major player in developing strategy for systems applications in the region.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and daily issues, dealing with the relation between the professionals in the area and the business customers.
- Entrepreneurial skills to develop strategy to be presented to management for approval.
- Effective worker as part of a Team.
- Ability to adjust to change driven by business needs.
- Always look for the “Win-Win” situation.
- Identify business needs to prioritized work, based on business impact, resources, and operational constrains.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Jan 8, 2014, 11:46:17 AM
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...