Under general supervision of management, this position operates a van or other type truck or vehicle to provide outside delivery and pickup service for the Corporation. The Courier will maintain vehicle and warehouse equipment in safe, clean condition. May organize record storage room and coordinates retrieval of records to appropriate departments within the organization. As driver work schedule permits will perform in-house duties as assigned.
• Delivers a wide variety of materials, forms, records, supplies and mail to designated destinations, as required. Loads and unloads vehicle, arranging materials to accommodate pickup and delivery schedule.
• Complies with the regulations as set forth in the Courier Van Policy. As pickup and delivery schedules permit, will perform duties within the department.
• Shows safety and good housekeeping in areas where work is performed; maintains safe driving practices.
• Maintains vehicle and warehouse equipment as required.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• High School education or equivalent (GED or vocational).
• Three to six months experience in the position to learn routes, destinations and routines. Mechanical aptitude beneficial.
• Must have a clean driving record and possession of valid NYS driver’s license as determined by statute and familiarity with traffic regulations.
• Good knowledge of roads, streets and routes.
• Fork Lift experience, as appropriate.
• Lawson Procurement System, as appropriate.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 17 months ago