PURPOSE AND SCOPE :
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements. To drive safely to each clinic on the assigned route, pick up all blood, water and micro specimens along with any paperwork left in designated area, insure all supplies are delivered, have clinic personnel sign for the pick up and delivery and when required, ship specimens to the appropriate lab. Courier must maintain a high level of customer service.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Pick up blood, water and micro specimens (routes which may be up to 300 miles in distance).
- Ship specimens to appropriate lab in appropriate containers.
- Maintain specimen integrity by placing specimens in appropriate coolers with appropriate cooling requirements.
- Verify the number of specimens received according to procedure.
- Maintain a daily log for each route which is to be faxed to Spectra Logistics every night.
- Take inventory with personnel at each clinic after monthly draw for the purpose of formulating a supply order for each clinic.
- Deliver supplies to each clinic in a timely manner as requested after taking inventory.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily check (pre and post trip) of vehicle prior to use.
- Report all vehicle problems and traffic violations to supervisor immediately.
- Carry Company cell phone at all times to maintain contact with Spectra management team.
- Use PPE – gloves when handling blood.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EXPERIENCE: One year driving experience including urban driving is required. Courier experience is helpful, but not required. Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule including overtime and holidays.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Must have a valid driver’s license with no Type A violations in the preceding five year period. (See Driver Eligibility Criteria Guidelines attached) License will be checked at least annually and must remain clean. Must be able to read a map and find clinics. Good communication and interpersonal skills required for high level of customer service.Driving a company vehicle, some lifting required up to 40 lbs., varied schedule of hours required.
Fresenius Medical Care - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...