General Description of Responsibilities
Through guidance provided by the Laboratory Supervisor , and in a safe, legal and ethical manner, the Courier Clerk is to attend to the process of transporting parcels including samples for the company and its clients and to maintain associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
In the event the Courier Clerk is unavailable, the Laboratory Supervisor delegates the responsibilities to a trained Shipping and Receiving Clerk or Retain and Disposal Clerk.
To carry out all of the above responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance Code, Code of Ethics, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- To transport samples and other requested materials according to the transport process described in LQP/TEC_013/10.
- To maintain all appropriate records associated with the transport of samples and materials.
- To maintain records of vehicle use and maintenance and inform the Laboratory Supervisor, when service or maintenance is needed.
- To maintain their assigned area, files, supplies and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- To perform any reasonable additional duties as may be assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school education and proficiency in the English language.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Must be capable of performing the following activities for the given durations (Hours will not total 8 as some physical requirements can be performed concurrently).
- Individual will stand and walk for most of the shift. Repetitive motion, lifting, moving and carrying will be required and extensive.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good physical condition.
- Excellent driving record.
- Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
- Value Added Competencies
- Organized with time management skills
- Experience in handling chemical and petroleum products, including Hazwhopper training.
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...