- High school or GED
- Valid VA drivers license
- must be able to meet physical demands of position
To pickup and deliver laboratory reports and specimens in a timely manner. This individual will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate quality service to patients, physicians, the public and coworkers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Picks up, transports and delivers specimens, supplies and reports according to an established schedule as well as on an on-call basis.
- Adhere to biohazardous specimen transport requirements in accordance with OSHA, DOT, and all regulatory standards.
- Must inspect all specimens for proper packaging, labeling, and tracking of all specimens prior to transport.
- Deliver laboratory reports to appropriate facilities and physician offices.
- Responsible for returning specimens with improper labeling when appropriate.
- Interface with physicians’ offices in a professional and timely manner.
- Relay client problems or concerns immediately to the Client Services Associate/Dispatcher or a Supervisor.
- Assist Client Services Associates in maintaining courier vehicle. This includes regular vehicle maintenance, keeping vehicle fueled and clean, and immediately reporting any vehicle performance problems.
- Adhere to the Virginia DMV traffic rules and regulations at all times, using safe driving techniques.
- Responds to customer needs in a manner which facilitates a high level of cooperation and promotes quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an acceptable driving record, and a valid Virginia State Driver’s License.
- Ability to work independently and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.