Pickup and delivery of specimens, reports, X-rays, laundry, and supplies to Physician offices, off-site facilities and ancillary services.
EDUCATION : High School diploma/GED and the ability to read road atlas, department procedures, laboratory reports, alphabetize laboratory reports, and to write route procedures, update policies, and take messages.
EXPERIENCE : Must have basic typing skills. Must be able to communicate well with others and use a cell phone and pager. Be able to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles with adequate skills, as not to be a hazard to yourself or the public. Evidence of capability to handle responsibility of delivering and picking up specimens and mail from a large variety of locations without error. Must have a valid Michigan Chauffer's Driver's License with good driving record and no current moving violations as documented by the State of Michigan .
Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service skills. Ability to problem solve quickly and independently. Ability to remain calm during stressful situations. Flexible in working hours with reliable transportation to and from work.
Previous delivery experience preferred.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for proper handling and transport of patient specimens from off-site facilities and clients, to the Memorial Healthcare Center 's main laboratory.
2. Delivers correspondence, reports, supplies, X-Rays, etc. to/from various off-site facilities/clients.
3. Communicates messages between laboratory and off-site facilities/clients with accuracy, professional courtesy and timeliness.
4. Maintains the hospital vehicle daily, i.e., gas, oil, and car wash.
5. Fill supply orders in a timely manner, contact client if delays.
6. Contacts offices/individuals to schedule delivery route.
7. Verifies Chain-of-Custody and proper handling of drug screen specimens submitted from off-site.
8. Required to use own vehicle in the event the hospital vehicle is not available.
9. Be able to lift packages up to 50 pounds with proper lifting techniques.
10. Performs other duties as requested by the Director, manager or senior tech's.
11. Observes patient and employee confidentiality as described by the privacy policies of this institution.
12. Demonstrates job related aspects of patient safety to assure a safe environment, safe and effective use of equipment and technology, and decreased risk of potential adverse patient occurrences.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports hospital mission, vision, and value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality statements, corporate compliance plan, customer service standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
14. Must be able to drive at night.
Memorial Healthcare - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard