Position Summary |
Key Job Elements
- Course and curricular design responsibilities for unique, asynchronous higher education learning model.
- Subject matter expert with creative ideas for innovative course delivery using multi-modal learning strategies.
- Provide high impact, engaging educational content through learner-centered instructional design that enables graduates to fulfill their career objectives.
- Create courses that facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies and proactively support all facets of the WEU online learning environment.
- Foster and encourage an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity, ethics, and social responsibility, as well as personal and professional development.
- Provides competency-based online educational course content
- Designs and develops online course instruction in area of expertise
- Enables student exit competencies
- Delivers learner-centered instruction through online delivery mechanisms and systems
- Encourages student success through self-paced, independent learning course design
- Structures a successful online class environment through collaborative learning design
- Contributes to a culture of learning by communicating practical applicants of learning content
- Relates industry experience to learning
This is a contractual virtual position, with no relocation requirements.
- A Master°s Degree or equivalency (preferably a Ph.D or equivalent degree) in the area of the instructional discipline is required.
- Online course design and development experience.
- Credentials and workplace experience directly related to the WEU online course(s) of interest.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Access to personal computer, and broadband Internet services
WEU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.