Manages the course materials operations at a store including managing employee activities procuring course materials and provide hands-on technical and functional guidance in accomplishing store financial and customer satisfaction objectives. Collects, edits, and oversees course materials orders to ensure accurate and timely availability. This position interfaces with faculty, students and publishers handling issues related to adoptions, selection, and buyback. Provides additional management support for store as needed.
- Supervises the employees of the Course materials area including scheduling their hours, assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees, including seasonal temporary and/or part-time. Models and manages effective supervision to drive text sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and store merchandising standards. Plans course materials department work calendar and implement policies related to specific activities.
- Assists customers in making course materials buying decisions. Manages the special order functions and notifies customers of order status as appropriate. Listens to and resolves customer (faculty, staff, and students) concerns regarding service or product assortment. Makes recommendations to store manager on solutions to improve competitive position. Coordinates sales promotion activities, develops and implement advertising strategies and prepares textbooks and other related products for merchandise display.
- Interacts with students, faculty, and school administration on course materials issues and opportunities. Ensures resolution for routine requests including input for strategy and goal development for the Store based on direction given by store manager. In partnership with store manager, builds and maintains relationships with faculty and administrative personnel on campus.
- Utilizes systems, campus reports (enrollment), buyback trends, adoption forms and other information to make recommendations for proper order quantities. Use data to support inventory management decisions such as textbook disposition, buyback quantities, etc.
- Assists the store manager in procuring necessary course materials from students, wholesalers, distributors and publishers. May include the procurement of unique course-related items (e.g., art supplies). Collects, inputs, and responds to inquiries regarding course materials data for orders, inventory, and market share. Verifies price and quantity of course material orders.
- Executes, coordinates and conducts the buyback and/or text rental check-in process monitoring quantities and book condition to ensure saleable criteria.
- Participates in stocking course materials on shelves; pulls books for return; opens cartons to verify contents with packing lists; prepares books for shipping to customers or publishers; implements sales promotions and displays for advertising strategies as directed. Oversees invoicing, packing and shipping ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Ensures eFollett orders are fulfilled.
- Utilizes course materials system to perform ordering function, updates pertinent school calendar information and enrollment data. Runs various reports to ensure proper stock position. Maintains course information, used book information, enrollment and inventory figures in store database.
- Will open and close the store
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years previous course materials experience handling progressively more complex functions desired, including 1 – 3 years retail supervisory experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Supervise 2 or more full-time, part time and or seasonal temporary associates.
Follett Corporation - 6 months ago