Recruitment No. 14-013LK, Court Operations Specialist V (DL)(Administrative Services), SR-24, Honolulu, O'ahu.
Summary of Duties:
Performs the most extensive and intensive project assignments on a regular and recurring basis; oversees/participates in complex, extensive projects and activities; and performs other duties as required
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education Requirement: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree. Progressively responsible experience in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which has provided a general background of the type and quality described below may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Specialized Experience: Two and one-half (2 1/2) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in one or combination of the following:
1) analyzing, evaluating, developing, improving managerial policies, practices, systems, methods and procedures; and considering the relationships among resources, facilities, services, needs, and values; and/or
2) independently performing professional work involving written analysis, evaluation and recommendations for problem resolution in a court or legal setting , or those social work or administrative programs of the courts .
Examples of this type of professional work include assistant court administrator, social worker, data processing systems analyst, program budget analyst, program evaluation analyst, personnel management specialist, research statistician, planner, etc. with professional work experience in the court system .
Staff Specialist or Supervisory Experience: One (1) year of either supervisory or staff specialist experience of the type and quality described below:
A. Staff Specialist Experience : Work experience performing work regularly encompassing difficult and complex situations and problems in a given specialty with responsibility for furnishing advisory services to management in the overall aspects of program development and evaluation; or performing extensive and intensive work in a given area of specialization, working on the most complex and difficult assignments in the areas of program development and evaluation, development of new and revised procedures, review of working situations to be sure divisions are following guidelines for sound management practices, development of legislative proposals or analysis of the impact of proposed legislation, and engaging in research aimed towards improving the management system.
Examples of this type of professional work include, but are not limited to: Social Worker V, Human Resources Specialist V, Capital Improvement Specialist V, IT Specialist V, Program Budget Analyst V, Program Evaluation Analyst V, Planner V, etc.
B. Supervisory Experience : Experience supervising professional staff in a specialized field of public or business administration which included (1) planning and directing the work of subordinates; (2) assigning and reviewing their work; (3) advising them on difficult problem areas; (4) training and scheduling their work; (5) training and developing new employees; (6) evaluating the job performance of others; and (7) hiring and terminating employees.
Desirable Qualifications: Considerable knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint. The ability to develop and manipulate spreadsheets and effectively set up systems to track projects.
Skills in the area of reading blueprints and technical documents are also desired.
Administrative Aptitude: Administrative aptitude rather than actual administrative experience is accepted. Administrative aptitude will be considered to have been met for this level when there is strong evidence of the necessary administrative aptitudes and abilities. Such evidence may be in the form of success in regular or special assignments or projects which involve administrative problems (e.g., planning, organizing, promoting and directing a program providing staff advice and assistance); interest in management demonstrated by the performance of work assignments in a manner which clearly indicates awareness of problems and the ability to solve them; completion of educational or training courses in the areas of management accompanied by the application of principles, which were learned, to work assignments; management's observation and evaluation of the applicant's leadership and managerial capabilities; success in trial assignments to managerial and/or administrative tasks.
Selective Certification Requirement: A current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle is required.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
1. Satisfactory completion of all academic requirements for a Master's degree in business or public administration or related field from an accredited college or university which demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the application of operations research, program analysis, evaluation methods and techniques may be substituted for one and one-half (1-1/2) years of Specialized Experience .
2. Satisfactory completion of all academic requirements for a Ph.D. degree in business or public administration or related field from an accredited college or university which demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the application of operations research, program analysis, evaluation methods and techniques may be substituted for two and one-half (2-1/2) years of Specialized Experience .
3. Graduation from an accredited law school may be substituted for two and one-half (2-1/2) years of Specialized Experience .
There is no educational substitution for the Staff Specialist or Supervisory Experience as described above.
The following information must be submitted by mail or hand-delivered to: Hawai'i State Judiciary, Human Resources Department, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, Hawai'i 96813.
Education: If substituting education for experience, applicants must submit a legible copy of the appropriate training (e.g., official transcript or certificate) in order to be given credit for education. Transcripts obtained from and/or submitted through the internet will not be accepted.
Hawaii State Judiciary - 13 months ago