This position will be responsibile for operating the software and recording equipment used in maintaining accurate records of Fishers Town Court proceedings. Other duties will include administrative tasks, such as providing direction to people appearing before the court and maintaining documentation of court records. This position is not required to be a real-time stenographer but may be required to create written transcripts of court proceedings.
Examples of Duties:
- Operate computer software and run four-channel recording equipment
- Keep accurate records of court proceedings
- Work in the Courtroom during court proceedings
- Interact with people appearing before the court - provide directions & instructions
- Will be responsible for accepting and securely maintaining exhibits and items admitted into evidence during court proceedings
- Responsible for the Court calendar and scheduling
- Perform back-up duties to the Court Clerk if the Court Clerk is not available
High School Diploma or GED; Good reading and comprehension skills; Knowledge of computers and the ability to learn to use various software programs; Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people both verbally and in writing; Ability to interact effectively with others and be able to maintain self control under sometimes difficult, stressful circumstances; Ability to keep information in confidence; General knowledge of the operation of office equipment.