Job Summary: As part of our front-end team, this position provides customers with outstanding service, communicates product information, and contributes to the effective operations of the front-end, including prompt carry-out service.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures positive customer relations; provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Ensures accuracy and promptness in packaging customer orders.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines while working with all products.
- Complies with all front-end safety and security procedures.
- Follows inventory and loss prevention guidelines.
- Performs necessary POS responsibilities, including price checks and accurately returning items to the shelves.
- Maintains front-end cleanliness; performs light housekeeping duties as needed.
- Follows all policies and procedures without fail.
- Follows company expectations with regard to attendance, communication, professionalism and dress guidelines/professional image standards.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Works effectively and relates well with others, including supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the Company.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Able to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Exemplary attendance record.
- Proven experience multi-tasking and completing projects with conflicting deadlines on time.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation and accountability; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
- Consistently exhibits professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrates an attention to detail.