The Crane Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining mobile cranes, lattice boom cranes, or overhead cranes to move, load, and unload materials and other large objects for construction and maintenance projects. This position performs daily crane inspections and conducts all work in accordance with load charts and safety requirements. Detailed Description
- Operate cranes to lift, move, load, and unload materials, equipment, and other large objects.
- Use the load chart to ensure sufficient crane capacity.
- Maintain radio communication with crew members while observing details on the ground.
- Observe hand signals from other crew members.
- Perform daily crane inspections, including cables, wire ropes, hooks, slings, and other crane components.
- Monitor crane operation and identify malfunctions.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance on cranes as required.
- Prepare, update, and maintain logs, records, and crane maintenance schedules.
- Inspect, adjust, and perform minor repairs.
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures .
- Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of five years related experience and training required. Experience in the oil and gas industry and in the arctic environment preferred.
National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) certification required. Current DOT medical card and commercial drivers license (Class A) required. Driving record must meet Company requirements. North Slope Training Cooperative certification may be required. Additional Details
All applicants must meet the following AES Driver Licenses and Records policy.
Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (DOT/FMCSA)
Current DOT medical card and commercial drivers license with hazardous material endorsement required. All applicants must meet the following AES Driver Licenses and Records policy.
Employees selected for this position are required to submit to DOT Drug and Alcohol testing. Additionally, AES will verify previous Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Records for the past three years, prior to working for the company, as well as the successful completion of DOT return-to-work requirements for violations.
ASRC Energy Services - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Alaska's slippery slopes have led to financial success for ASRC Energy Services. A subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corp., ASRC...