The Crater/Packer is responsible for designing and building custom wooden shipping crates for product storage and international shipping as well as loading products into finished crates.
Job Duties : Primary Duties:
• Follows all safety procedures to safeguard against personnel and team accidents.
• Designs and builds custom wooden crates using measuring devices, multiple pneumatic tools, power saws, carpentry tools, power equipment and ladders.
• Loads wooden crates with products using forklifts, overhead cranes and regular heavy lifting.
• Marks materials with identifying information.
• Reads shipping documentation, packing lists or system reports to determine items to be moved, gathered, and crated.
• Checks orders for exactness and neatness according to ISO 9001 procedures
• Opens boxes, crates and other containers.
• Uses RF scanner to identify, track, and systematically move items through the crating process.
• Efficiently and safely moves, stacks, and stages products and materials using a fork lift or other power equipment .
• Records amounts of materials used and items crated.
• Unloads inbound lumber and supplies safely and moves products to storage locations.
• Performs safety inspections on equipment and cranes during daily startup procedures.
• Maintains clean and safe equipment, reporting service requests as needed
• Assists in department and building cleanup as required.
• Other duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school education or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
• One year continuous experience in full time carpentry or framing employment
• One year continuous experience using pneumatic fastening equipment as a profession
• Six months continuous experience using forklift or comparable construction equipment
• Experience using minimum of 4 types of power saws, including miter and table