Creative Director, MG
LOUD Technologies Inc. is one of the world’s largest dedicated pro audio and music products companies. As the corporate parent for world-recognized brands Ampeg@, Blackheart@, Crate@, EAW@, Mackie@ and Martin Audio@, LOUD engineers, markets and distributes a wide range of professional audio and musical instrument products worldwide. Our product lines include so reinforcement systems, analog and digital mixers, guitar and bass amplifiers, and acoustic and electric guitars. These products can be fo in professional and project recording studios, video and broadcast suites, post-production facilities, so reinforcement applications including houses of worship, stadiums, nightclubs, retail locations, and on major musical concert tours.
The Creative Director serves as the master information architect and catalyst for the creative and message-delivery process for the Ampeg and Mackie brands. He/she will work with senior business minds to help them distill messages to customers, and then translate those messages into identity and creative that is breakthrough, compelling and drives each audience to action.
The ideal candidate is an energizing person, who amplifies the creativity and abilities in staff, including a team of direct-report graphic designers, by drawing people together in the messaging and creative process. The Director will take pride in his/her work and in the end realize that the work is property of the brand unit. The LOUD creative leader will be persuasive, flexible, challenging and with a can do attitude.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the voice/tone of each brand, and for all creative output for each brand. Oversee the creative team, and the creative process; the ideation, presentation and execution of branding and marketing communications campaigns; and the operational and talent readiness of the creative team. Generate all campaign-related written content. In particular, key functions include:
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Ensure that the creative function operates in an efficient, profitable manner and that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of competition.
- Ensure that our high quality of creative and production is upheld; maintain consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team.
- Deliver strategic communication solutions that attain marketing and communications objectives.
- Listen, ask, hear, prioritize and translate product marketing input, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions to gather input, perspective, from a wide range of contributors and distill this input into usable information to help spark creative efforts.
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the overall marketing function.
- Write and present cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches.
- Lead the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution as well as the process of marketing/concept/design and interactive/web/video/motion graphics.
- Ensure the professional development and readiness of the creative team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Effective problem solving, decision-making skills, management, coaching and motivational skills. Excellent planning, time-management, presentation, communication, persuasion and follow-through.
- Supervisory experience of creative staff, including temporary staff.
- Superior erstanding of advertising, marketing principles, marcom strategies and tactics, including technologies. Understanding of interactive media production.
- Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative concepting and writing.
- Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction.
- Thorough erstanding of art direction and of on and offline marcom elements production.
- Advanced level of InDesign and MS Suite and working knowledge of Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of professional and MI audio industry, customers, competitors and channel partners is a plus.
LOUD Technologies offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k, plus great extras including great employee product discounts, and live (lunch-time) music during spring and fall.
- Bachelors in Fine Arts or related field, equivalent visual design and management experience; graduate degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading the creative concepting/copywriting process/function in an agency or client-side marketing department, required.
- Thorough erstanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices required.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic famentals, typography and interactive design.
- Ability to transfer/instill processes, tools, discipline and mindsets across the entire marketing team to both hone competitive messaging, as well as amplify those messages into cut-through creative and messages that illicit response and action.
- Ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers.
- Experience developing innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Present creative concepts, and the thought process/impetus/strategic connection for each.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns.
Loud Technologies - 20 months ago