About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up, Cars 2 and most recently, Brave. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
The Pixar Consumer Products team is dedicated to upholding and protecting the quality, integrity and legacy of our films and characters by enhancing and extending the Consumer experience through quality products that are authentic to the film.
The Creative Director oversees the global product development process by providing consultation and guidance in product design, character art, style guide, packaging and branding development for Disney Consumer Products, Disney Store and all external licensing partners, and by ensuring that the creative vision of our filmmakers is reflected throughout the product development process. This position will also collaborate on a variety of creative initiatives as needed by departments at Pixar Animation Studios.
• Direct and supervise the consumer product development and creative process for all Pixar initiatives
• Actively participate in creative brainstorms and meetings with Disney Consumer Products (DCP), Disney Store, and external partners on the development of products, style guides, packaging, branding and creative materials
• Review 3-D product submissions by providing general notes, overlays and design feedback for new films and characters
• Lead the development process for line art and CG character poses on all new films
• Collaborate closely with the Pixar filmmakers and creative brain trust during all stages of product development for new films to ensure quality and authenticity
• Consult with filmmakers on all new product development initiatives for our legacy films and characters
• Provide ongoing creative counsel for all Pixar legacy films and franchises
• Build and maintain strong relationships within Pixar, as well as DCP offices worldwide, Disney Stores, Disney Interactive Studios, and Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandising
• Collaborate on a variety of Pixar Animation Studios initiatives when needed
• B.A. in Art, Design or equivalent education and experience
• Minimum of five years experience as a Designer or Sketch Artist
• Experience in three-dimensional product design and development preferred
• Excellent ability in drawing and painting preferred
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required
• Maya and/or SketchUp experience a plus
• Working knowledge of the CG film animation pipeline preferable
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Able to work collaboratively with all levels of partners in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel throughout the year as needed
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...