Creative Director, Reuters News Agency
There is an opportunity for a New York-based Creative Director to join the Reuters News Agency. Working with product managers and engineering teams, the creative director will explore solutions and concepts that support business goals and strategies and improve our clients’ productivity.
Focusing on customer-facing News Agency products, the position will report to the Global Head of News Distribution. The role requires the ability tackle multiple projects simultaneously, with strict attention to detail and focus on execution. As advocate for user experience, strong background in web products and a keen understanding for editorial processes are essential to succeeding in this role.
· Responsible for translating Reuters News Agency’s business goals into creative strategies and designs.
· Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams in order to implement projects from concept to completion.
· Natural curiosity of how back-end systems work and how they affect the user interface.
· Excellent written and verbal, and presentation skills
· Ability to create wireframes in order to analyze proposed product enhancements and new features.
· Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
· Conduct interviews with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization to help continuous improvement of current product offerings.
· Expertise in latest user interface and user experience best practices and standards.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
· 10- 15 years of relevant media experience, with proven track record in editorial processes.
· Active listener, ability to process and synthesize information efficiently and accurately.
· Proven ability to find simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
· Documentation skills, compile clear specifications to designs where required.
· Extensive experience with Agile development process (SCRUM).
· Familiarity with the product development process.
· Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
· This is a global role: fluency in one or more European languages strongly preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Reuters News Agency
At Thomson Reuters, we empower our customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Our talented, global workforce makes it possible....