The Creative Director leads and directs the visual design team in the development and execution of visual and motion design solutions across all HTC products. The Creative Director is a committed leader who helps drive high quality, innovative, user-centered mobile experiences.
Reporting to the AVP of User Experience, the Creative Director manages, directs and enhances the efforts of the visual team; including art directors, designers, and animators, within a highly collaborative environment.
The Creative Director brings 10+ years of experience and a robust portfolio that depicts extensive experience in user interface visual design. In addition, the Creative Director exhibits a well-rounded understanding of the creative process; strategy, ideation, and the graphics production process.
What you get to do everyday:
What you bring to the role:
- Responsible for the overall visual and motion design aesthetic of the HTC user experience.
- Leads visual design team and assists in attracting, recruiting and retaining talent to grow team capabilities.
- Manages and mentors visual design employees, ensuring effective contributions and individual career growth.
- Assists Producers in resource planning, and works to develop and maintain freelance visual and motion design talent pool.
- Works to develop an environment that fosters creativity;
- Acts as a creative catalyst at the outset of a project.
- Leads visual design team in researching problems, developing original ideas and designing innovative solutions for mobile user experience.
- Provides clear creative direction at initiation, and follows through by coaching creative team members, while monitoring and guiding their efforts, and investing in successful results.
- Facilitates brainstorms that generate innovative, unexpected ideas. Works to pull the best ideas out of all participants.
- Leads interdisciplinary communication between different design teams (UX, Production, Development, ID).
- Reviews and approves concepts, designs assigned to and developed by staff, ensuring high-quality creative deliverables.
- Presents concepts and designs for executive approval. Anticipates executive needs, and delivers above and beyond their request.
- Executional accountability — oversees execution of visual/motion design deliverables throughout all phases of production. Assures the integrity of UI visuals on all HTC products.
- Intellectual property — actively works with Patent team to protect new concepts and designs. Ensures all relevant design innovations are protected before public announcement.
- Travel — 25% more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with international travel and overtime as project commitment requires.
- Must have a strong portfolio of projects that demonstrates the visual design skills needed to produce high quality, innovative, user-centered mobile experiences.
- Design management experience that exhibits strong, confident leadership and the desire to mentor team members. Experience offering guidance, encouragement, and individual development. Strong people management and organizational skills.
- 10+ years of relevant experience: leading creative execution of user interface visual design
- Holds a BA+ degree in a design/communications discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Track record of creating innovative user experience solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 23 months ago