The Creative Director writer is responsible for overseeing the creative strategy & design process through direct & indirect oversight of the interactive creative team. The CD will lead & oversee team including art directors, interactive designers, copywriters & Flash developers which formulate, concept, design & develop all aspects of the creative process on multiple projects. In addition, the CD is responsible for mentoring & coaching creative team members.
This role provides the ‘perfect’ opportunity to utilize all of the latest interactive technologies capabilities to connect the customer with the Brand including mobile, social networking, branded video content, digital signage in addition to websites, online media, kiosks, online demos.
The ideal candidate will be the ‘brand steward’ responsible for presenting & speaking on behalf of the advertising agency at various presentations. The position reports to the VP, Group Creative Director who supervises his/her creative responsibilities.
- Produces intelligent and on strategy creative solutions that reflect brand personality
- Leads certain creative projects and team members with a hands-on supervisory approach while facilitating a collaborative team environment
- Maintains quality of the agency’s advertising, as well as the quality and operation of assigned personnel within the Creative Department. By example and direction, the CD fosters a departmental reputation for creative excellence. The CD assigns and reassigns creative personnel to particular accounts for that express purpose
- Participates in account team and client planning sessions regarding overall account strategy on creative projects.
- Participates actively– as he/she sees fit or at the copy/art team’s request – in the development of specific program components such as headlines, graphic approaches, copy slant, etc
- Trains and supervises assigned staff of Art Directors and other creative personnel; oversees their execution of all creative efforts to insure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule
- Evaluates creative personnel, reviewing compensation, establishing creative account assignments, making recommendations on terminating or adding people, screening applicants, and generally dealing with all personnel problems in the Creative Department
- Ensures budgets, deadlines, etc. are complete, accurate and followed
- Provides clear/objective critiques of creative work during development
- Makes presentations internally and /or with senior level clients
- Attends creative reviews for clients, and trouble-shoots difficult creative problems for any client
- Remains current and communicates industry trends and techniques
- Participates in and contributes to the new business activities of the agency, as required Participates in vendor selection process in conjunction with creative and production teams
- Keeps Creative Director and EVP, Creative informed about the creative work progress for clients, and about the ways in which those projects are being produced
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, or similar related degree
- Must have experience in working with digital
- 6 to 8 years of creative team leadership experience. Manage up to 10 creative team members.
- Must have knowledge and experience in performing a variety of digital marketing assignments for consumer, industrial, corporate, and institutional clients.
- Proven ability to think strategically and work autonomously when required
- Possess the ability to evaluate, organize & prioritize multiple projects & creative teams to adjust to inevitable changes in timelines, deadlines, and project goals
- Demonstrate proven success with integrating offline & online digital campaigns
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills along with organizational skills