Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
We are in the process of building a world class Marketing organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
The Creative Director is responsible for delivering unified, quality creative that interprets and articulates the Orchard point of view for all marketing initiatives including circulars, catalogs, direct mail, advertising, packaging, in-store signage, collateral and other marketing tactics.
· Responsible for look and feel of all creative assets from concept through final execution;
· Direct and guide the execution of creative briefs across all media channels including circulars, catalogs, direct mail, advertising, packaging, collateral, signage, catalog, website, email and other company initiatives;
· Ensure creative concepts are on strategy by comping and developing creative ideas against merchant and management objectives;
· Provide direction and maintain brand standards across all channels; review/approve all creative projects for adherence to standards;
· Review and approve creative development on a day-to-day basis;
· Communicate brand vision and seasonal direction by partnering with peers in Merchandising, Marketing and the Executi ve team; translate objectives to the creative team, including designer(s), copywriter(s), and freelance photo team;
· Maintain understanding of current and most up-to-date creative trends as it relates to outdoor living/gardening lifestyle and home repair;
· Develop creative talent and contribute to creating a high performance marketing organization;
· Responsible for screening design, copywriting talent; ability to schedule, hire and manage freelance talent when needed;
· Directly responsible for the management and performance reviews of the Creative team;
· Prioritize numerous and overlapping projects, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and foster and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers;
· Help develop and improve workflow.
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, studio art or related field;
· 10+ years experience with minimum 5 years management experience;
· Retail experience mandatory; agency experience on retail account considered;
· Experience with one or more marketing disciplines in a high-volume environment required (catalog, advertising, direct mail, packaging, sales promotions, etc.);
· Must have up-to-date portfolio showcasing accomplished design and typographic skills;
· Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire creative talent; ability to interact with key senior executives;
· A natural entrepreneur, able to understand and communicate the importance of strategically based creative as it relates to Orchard Supply Hardware’s overall business, brand and marketing objectives;
· Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to exhibit diplomacy and decisiveness;
· Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills;
· Detail-oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills;
· Excellent internal and external communication, documentation and presentation skills;
· Aptitude for finding creative solutions to complex problems;
· Ability to work with little supervision;
· Ability to step in as Sr. Designer when necessary;
· Mac proficient with expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, web and database functionality required.
Orchard Supply Hardware - 14 months ago