Be a part of the creative team of 7News and Azteca Colorado in Denver, CO! Learn the basics of television production, marketing and community outreach while gaining experience related to social networking and public relations. You will work closely with the Creative Services department which is responsible for on-air promotion, community outreach, and commercial production for outside businesses. An intern candidate must possess a passion for writing, video production and be a great representative for the station at community events and commercial shoots. The responsibilities of the Creative Services intern include but are not limited to: |
Updating media databases and community calendar -
- Shadowing and assisting with public rel ations duties
Drafting and sending out press releases -
G athering KMGH press clippings
Lighting and Camera Set Up
- Shadowing and assisting producers on promotion and commercial shoots.
Brainstorming ideas -
- Assisting in On-Air Promotion Production
Writing Scripts -
Editing on Final Cut and Adobe After Effects
- Gathering news coverage -
- Compiling videos for community sponsorships
Editing on Final Cut Pro
- Scheduling Shoots with talent and business clients
- Logging and Ingesting Stock Video
- Assist in filling daily promo logs using Wide Orbit
- Assist with station contests
- Representing the station at community events (occasional nights & weekends)
- Assist in maintaining internal company store
- Assist with 7Everday Hero research
- Conduct station tours
- Assist on KMGH Social network Internet pages
- Any other duties that may be assigned as needed
At the completion of the internship the student will leave with writing samples and a DVD of their work to show future employers.
The Internship program offers college students the opportunity to take a first step into the broadcasting sales industry. Interns must be: · Enrolled at an accredited college or university · Registered as a sophomore or above and in good standing · Receive college/university course credit for participating in this program. The amount of course credit to be earned is determined, and must be verified by the college/university, prior to starting assignment. To receive course credit, students must comply with all school requirements as well as all station requirements. Grade point average and leadership experience are also an important part of the total assessment of student applicants.
Interns are expected to work a minimum of 25 hours per week. This should include at least one eight hour shift. The days and times are based on student availability and departmental needs.
Mail to Robin Hoffman, CSD Internship Coordinator, 123 Speer Blvd, Denver, CO 80203, 2 letters of reference, a letter from you college verifying you will receive school credit for the internship and your official school transcript.
No relocation available.
The E. W. Scripps Company (Scripps) is a diverse media company with interests in newspaper publishing, television and licensing and...