The Creative Writer works with other writers and designers on the Creative Services Team in the Enrollment Management Division to produce college admissions materials that consistently meet or exceed our client's expectations. The Creative Writer also participates in Creative Services special project teams and Enrollment Management Division process discussions.
This position is a whole brain kind of job – one day you'll be writing creative marketing copy for colleges and universities, the next you'll be crunching numbers to see how you can improve email click and open rates. Between collaborative brainstorming sessions with graphic designers and special team meetings, you'll spend time studying industry trends and the communication preferences of high school students. Our division is constantly evolving, and we're looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment that values teamwork and creating successful outcomes for our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Licenses/Certifications and Work Experience:
- Creates compelling copy for various admissions materials (e-mails, web-based landing pages, letters, postcards, self-mailers, etc.)
- Collaborates with graphic designers to develop student recruitment pieces for our clients and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Communicates with project management staff and clients (as needed) to implement requests and meet all project deadlines.
- Works in a team environment to improve EM Division products and procedures.
- Coordinates multiple projects and effectively manages time.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Writing, or a portfolio that demonstrates equivalent training or experience
- Superior writing, communication and critical thinking skills
- Excellent knowledge of spelling, grammar and AP Style
- An eye for detail; confidence in proofreading materials for accuracy and consistency
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Windows operating system and software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to take direction and receive constructive criticism aimed at achieving results that will best benefit the client and company
- Minimum 1-2 years professional writing experience
- Experience working in admissions or marketing
- Experience with pre-press and print production
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
RuffaloCODY - 21 months ago