A Creature ATD is responsible for developing and maintaining tools and animation rigs to support specific show needs as well as facility needs. The main focus is to support the animation and creature department, while keeping strong communication with the other departments. This position requires a pro-active individual with good people skills. The position reports to creature supervisor.
Proficient with Maya simulation
Good User Interface design skills
Must have great communication skills
Proactive, self-sufficient individual
Willingness to learn and utilize proprietary software
- Bachelor's degree or Masters degree in Computer Science or an Engineering equivalent degree is required.
- Proficiency with Linux is desired.
- Experience with Maya is required.
- Experience with Python required. Maya API programming a plus.
- A reel or screen shots demonstrating tool design, rigging, user interface design, and technical ability is required for this role.
Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) is a LucasFilm Ltd. company serving the digital needs of the entertainment industry for visual effects....