In this position, you will assist in the preparation of third party payor credentialing and re-credentialing services to the providers of MaineGeneral Medical Center , Maine Dartmouth Family Practice Residency and the Kennebec Region Health Alliance. The successful candidate will have strong excel skills, the ability to learn other data base systems, excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate professionally, to follow up on multiple details throughout the process, and to work independently within established deadlines and guidelines.
- 3 years or more of related experience (medical/insurance field, responsible independent clerical position and/or insurance customer service) strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED); Associate’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to track your work/provide follow-up required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Computer database experience strongly preferred.