Cogent HMG is seeing an experienced credentialing coordinator to work onsite at our corporate office in Brentwood, TN. TheCredentialingCoordinator coordinates the Cogent and hospital credentialing functions and performs tasks related to government and commercial payors credentialing.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Monthly monitoring and updating of expired documents;
- Physician screening (NPDB/AMA queries and primary source verification, if necessary);
- Track shipments (received/returned);
- Apply for provider NPI numbers, as applicable.
- Physician/Client/Internal communication;
- Data entry and documentation and tracking of all steps taken, including, provider numbers, effective dates, and correspondence received;
- Basic clerical functions including faxing, copying, and filing.
- Work with multiple hospitals to obtain payer mix and insurance contact information;
- Contact hospitals and payers to obtain applications and contracts via phone or websites, determine which applications/contracts apply to Hospitalist Care;
- Populate applications and documents with physician specific information and prepare for review and signature of provider;
- Determine who the signer should be and send app’s/contracts for signature;
- Timely follow up on pending credentialing issues;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Minimum of 2 years previous credentialing experience - Required
- Knowledge of NCQA standards preferred;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with individuals at all levels within the institution;
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented;
- Ability to develop and maintain paper and on-line filing systems;
- Must work efficiently under deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Strong Computer Skills to include use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Maintains strict confidentiality with regard to protected peer review information as outlined in the Healthcare Quality Improvement act of 1986, Cogent’s HPIAA Privacy and Security Policies and the Credentialing Policies and procedures.
Cogent HMG - 11 months ago