Required Educatio n and Experience:
Personal Trait Profile:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration Accounting / Finance or related field
- 4 + years of successful management experience which includes supervisory responsibility.
- 4 + years of credit and collections and related work experiences , including credit assessment, utilizing credit security instruments, working and monitoring delinquent accounts, etc. NACM Certification highly preferred .
- Preferred strong knowledge of EDI, Electronic Commerce, D&B, Automated Workflow and Deductions Track ing. JDE system experiences a plus.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail
- E xtremely organized and strong proble m solving and analytical skills .
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performance teams.
- Proactive and a self - starter; able to recommend best practices and drive continuous improvement in the organization.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and technology.
- Ability to read and interpret a ccounting and financial reports.
- Ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule . Travel required (5 - 10 % ).
The Credit & Collections Supervisor reports to the Credit & Collections Manager and is responsible for providing knowledgeable and sound portfolio performance management primarily focused on collections and customer account management. Assist in departmental development and process improvements to support sales growth and Days Sales Outstanding.
Summary of Responsibility:
- The Senior Credit and Collections Analyst is responsible for assessing the credit risk and viability of a potential and existing customer including determining appropriate credit limits, execute and release credit holds, resolve deductions, and initiate credit memo request as required. Monitor aging and initiate collection calls and correspondence based on risk matrix.
- Analyze customer financial statements pertaining to a credit line application and provide financial guidance for order management support with supply chains and marketing units to control credit use while minimizing dispute and upholding effective payment.
- Works with a collections element, coordinating collections calls and organizes customer visits to obtain accounts receivable and bargain disputes to resolve and document the origin of unpaid statements and reasons.
- Contribute to development, maintenance, and implementation of Carlisle Transportation Products account’s receivable, credit & collections policies and aligning with internal control best practices. Contribute to supporting shared service relationships, processes and KPI’s.
- Provide leadership to other Credit & Collections staff (Analyst & Cash & Deduction) related to account evaluation, disputes, appropriate course of action and mentor staff in complex decisions including out of policy operational problems. Act as back-up as delegated by Credit & Collections Manager.
- Advise Management regarding difficult credit decisions, potential increase in risk or exposure, and significant events. Recommend course action for portfolio of assigned accounts; alternate payment plans, follow-up based on escalation policy, refer to collection or possible write off.
- Support month-end close process and cash application, audits, and internal / external customer queries and account reconciliations.
- Submit weekly / monthly status reports detailing past due accounts and actions taken for assigned portfolio accounts.
- Maintains customer files and documentation according to procedures set forth by Sarbanes Oxley as well as other compliance and regulations.
- Assist in interviews and hiring of new staff, provide employee orientation and establish employee goals and performance reviews.