Austin or Lubbock, Texas Agribusiness Office
Agribusiness VP, Senior Credit Officer
Summary of Desired Experience:
- Ag experience, such as protein (beef, swine, dairy, poultry), ag processors/co-ops, grain storage/marketing, and farm input supply.
- 2 - 5 years in Agribusiness credit underwriting and analysis
- Familiarity in loan servicing, administration, and structuring.
- Experience in banking or the Farm Credit system
- Additional experience considered a plus includes:
- Experience with agricultural companies in Texas/Southwest U.S.
- Underwrite, manage, and monitor a portfolio of both direct and purchased/syndicated borrowers.
- Determine appropriate risk ratings for borrowers using various modeling techniques, including probability of default and loss given default.
- Perform loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, loan covenant amendments and/or waivers, re-amortizations, etc.
- Work closely with other credit analysts to, if necessary, assist with loan servicing actions for unassigned borrowers.
- Work closely with loan administration staff in understanding roles and responsibilities for tracking and monitoring borrower relationships.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers to negotiate terms and conditions to accurately underwrite (structure) loans.
- Make effective business presentations, both written and oral, to small and large audiences.
- Proper application of Association policies and department underwriting guidelines.
- Effectively work with auditors, both internal and external (e.g. FCA).
- Bachelor s Degree in Ag Econ, Finance, Accounting or Business
- Master s Degree is a plus
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Intermediate technology skills, including Word, Excel, Access, and Internet search capability.
Commensurate With Experience
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment is required
- At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant; AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description on request
July 7, 2014
Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.