Vice President, Credit Risk Management Division
The primary responsibilities of Vice President, Risk Management Division are:
- Assist the SVP and Head of Risk Management in formulating and implementing risk management techniques to control a variety of risk exposures, particularly in the areas of credit, market and liquidity risks. Ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of credit analysis, commercial lending, funding/liquidity management, and operation risk management techniques.
- Implement and monitor, in a comprehensive risk assessment approach, detailed structure of counterparty and risk limits, guidelines and other parameters to be used to manage risk taking.
- Conduct due diligence on credit proposals and reviews submitted by the originating departments in a thorough and timely manner to ensure the credit quality is acceptable to the Bank.
- Develop, implement and maintain a strong management information system for monitoring and reporting risks. Responsible for developing daily executive risk summary reports for respective business units and senior management, in addition to periodic reports for US regulators and head-office.
- Oversee the identification and appropriate management of liquidity, interest rate and currency risks associated with the Branch's activities. Strong working knowledge and experience in dealing with best practice USD liquidity management, FRB Discount Window operations, assessing and monitoring various balance sheet risk associated with Treasury activity.
- Provide support to the SVP and Head of Risk Management, other business units as well as the Branch's Risk Management Committee, Assets and Liabilities Management Committee and Credit Committee. Experience in developing, maintaining and distributing ALCO report material for periodic meetings.
- Ideal candidate should be credit trained with 5+yrs of experience in credit/commercial lending function at NY branch of foreign bank as well as strong working knowledge of best practice risk management techniques in monitoring Branch risk taking activities.
- Prepare reports as required by Head Office or senior management of the Branch.
- Assist and support the implementation in Disaster Recovery Plan for the Branch.
- Coach and mentor junior members of Risk Management Division when necessary.
- Other matters as assigned by the SVP and Head of Risk Management and senior management of the Branch.