Working under the supervision of a Credit Officer to provide direction and training:
I. Analyze and monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of professional reinsurance and insurance companies including:
- Analyze financial statements to evaluate key credit metrics
- Evaluate market position and relative advantage of the counter-party in comparison with competitors
- Identiy the key risks of the company both from industry issues and those unique to the company's business
- Compare the suitability of the company's investment portfolio relative to it's liabilities and potential liquidity needs
- Assess the company's future prospects in line with the industry expectations and potentialities
- Identify the relative risks of individual entities within a group.
II. Recommend the appropriate Obligor Risk Rating (ORR) for both the group and individual counterparties.
III. Prepare clear and concise credit reports that:
- Summarizes the company's situation relative to its key risks
- Identifies the company's key strengths and weaknesses and evaluates its ability to manage them
- Provides a clear rationale for the recommended ORR
- Determines issues/events/finanicial ratio triggers that would likely affect the ORR (both up and down)
- Exlains the companies relative competitive advantage and disadvantage
IV. Recommend credit limits and credit mitigants, e.g. collateral, to manage risk.
V. Evaluate the acceptability of individual transactions in light of existing exposure, ORR and existing or potential credit mitigants.
VI. Participate in meetings and conference calls with counterpaties, underwriters, internal staff and other credit professionals.
- Bachelors Degree (BBA or MBA preferred)
- Bank credit training or the equivalent
- Three to five years direct credit experience evaluating non-life insurers and/or reinsurers
- Strong familiarity wth insurance accounting US Statutory Accounting and US GAAP some knowledge of IFRS is preferred
- Broad understanding of the insurance industy including its products, environment, risks and investment portfolios
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...