Aug 30, 2014
Finance & Planning
This is a permanent role
Commensurate with Experience
This position conducts credit risk analysis for the North American natural gas marketing team. On a daily basis, the Credit Analyst will also be responsible for monitoring and taking action related to margin requirements. Customer interface will be a significant part of the credit analyst’s role.
• Responsibilities include daily measuring, monitoring and reporting of credit risk.
• Uses applications such as ICE, Triple Point CXL and Endur to produce credit exposure reports and manage credit risk.
• Works with front office and/or quantitative analysts to derive possible credit risk for existing and potential transactions.
• Identifies major components of daily credit risk and proposes mitigating actions to reduce the amount of risk when limits are breached or are in danger of breaching.
• Provides analytical support to traders, originators, and management through both ad hoc requests and daily reports.
• Provides modeling support.
• Works with traders, business analysts, and Credit Supervisor to ensure accurate and timely updating of credit data in Endur and/or Triple Point CXL.
• Generates daily credit risk report for natural gas trading and related activities including receivable, unbilled and mark-to-market positions using primarily Triple Point CXL and Excel driven exposure reports.
• Analyzes financial and credit data to assess counterparty creditworthiness.
• As needed, manage and negotiate credit support such as Parent Guarantees, Letters of Credit, and prepayments.
• Provide necessary support to the Contracts Group when dealing with new or existing NAESBs and ISDAs.
• Prepares annual and ongoing counterparty credit reviews.
• Occasional cross-functional support of Lockbox, LNG, and Crude.
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
BG Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
BG Group provides reasonable accommodations so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. If you need an accommodation during the application process, please advise us by using the online contact form located on the search apply page of the website. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Thank you for considering a career with BG Group.
• Three to six years of credit experience required.
Knowledge, Languages, Skills and Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Business with concentration in economics, finance and/or mathematics preferred.
• Fundamental understanding of trading, operations, risk and back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls.
• Understanding of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, mark-to-market, corporate finance, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, financial analysis, credit evaluation, measurement and monitoring knowledge.
• Basic knowledge of the North American natural gas market
• Knowledge of Moody’s CreditEdge, Bloomberg, Dun & Bradstreet and other credit systems
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Analytical skills as they apply to credit analysis
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
• Modeling capabilities
• Cognitive skills
• Strong follow-through
• Attention to detail
• Positive approach and attitude
BG Group is an international energy business. We have two distinctive capabilities: world-class exploration and a unique LNG model.
We are headquartered in the United Kingdom and have operations in more than 20 countries, across five continents. BG Group has a global workforce of around 5 400 people from more than 70 nationalities.
Our business is founded on our market knowledge and commercial agility; exploration performance; and our ability to fast-track the development of economic projects.
We connect long-life, competitively priced resources to markets around the globe. We have experience and expertise in fast-growing economies such as China, India and South America and established markets in the USA, the UK and Asia-Pacific.
The BG in BG Group stands for British Gas, but BG Group exploits not only gas assets but also oil, in 25 countries. In addition to...