Ensure compliance with loan policy and compliance standards. Support the lending process by spreading financial statements. Completing cash flow analysis and global cash flow analysis. Assist the lenders with analytical writing on the loan memo.
- Ensure compliance with loan policy and compliance standards. Complete all assigned compliance training.
- Become proficient in all operations and procedures of the lending department and related computer systems including the bank’s mainframe system, use of Web Equity Manager and Baker Hill.
- Conduct complete credit analysis including: financial, cash flow, borrowing base, and collateral analysis. Using information from income tax returns, audited and/or unaudited statements, perform accurate global cash flows as assigned by the Senior Lending Officer.
- Spread financial statements and compile financial statement information into comparative formats. Provide information as necessary for the lenders review.
- Pull and analyze data from credit bureau reports.
- Perform industry comparisons of credit information.
- Provide information that allows lenders to assess risk and structure loans to ensure best interests of the bank.
- Assist lenders in the preparation of loan memorandums.
- Review Participation Credit information from affiliates and as directed by the Senior Lending Officer or the lenders to assist in preparing loan analysis summary information.
- Maintain complete and accurate file documentation.
- May perform specific credit risk or credit analysis duties on individual credits or the bank’s loan portfolio as directed by Senior Lending Officer.
- Complete internal testing (LTV’s), stress testing, and other portfolio analysis as requested by the Senior Lending Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience. Significant formal training in Accounting with working knowledge of financial statement analysis. Direct lending or underwriting experience or significant experience with credit analysis. Banking assistant experience with demonstrated knowledge of financial statements.
Experience with and demonstrated understanding of lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation
including cash flow and collateral analysis.
Master’s Degree in Business or Professional Accountancy.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to edit written work for spelling and grammar. Ability to present and interpret numerical data effectively. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, lenders, or market presidents. Ability to effectively present information to top management and credit administration staff.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial ratios, tax returns and legal documents. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in PC operation and demonstrated understanding of applicable lending software including Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Manage competing demands in a changing environment while working independently most of the time.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- The employee may be required to travel within South Dakota to perform customer calls with lender.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
First National Bank South Dakota promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace.
- General office environment with occasional travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First National of Nebraska, Inc. - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard