The purpose of this position is to analyze a variety of commercial or real estate loan requests and prepare written reports regarding the financial condition and creditworthiness of loan applicants.
1. Assist in the risk analysis for new commercial loan requests by performing a thorough credit analysis in accordance with bank standards and industry guidelines.
2. Provide on-going credit management support through quarterly and annual reviews of portfolio assets as governed by bank policy.
3. Prepare reports on the bank’s loan portfolio for senior management and the Board of Directors to ensure accurate monitoring and reporting of asset composition and trends.
4. Monitor loan repayment activities and implement strategies for “problem” credits.
5. Prepare credit approval reports including the credit suitability with bank policy.
6. Work with relationship managers in handling larger more complex loans.
7. Enter financial statements and related information to financial spreadsheets software programs for analysis.
8. Analyze all financial data related to new and renewal commercial or real estate loan requests and prepare credit approval packages documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
9. Present facts and offers opinions concerning client's credit worthiness.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The minimum required job-related experience needed to demonstrate competence to perform the job is:
- At least 2 years of experience as a credit analyst
- Bachelors of Business Administration (Accounting/Finance concentration)
- Completion of formal credit training program
- Proficient PC user with strong background in Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates ability to work independently while having a strong commitment to team orientation
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects within required deadlines.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- Ability to analyze credits, as well as a detailed knowledge of lending structure and sources and uses of cash required.
- Knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement analysis desired.
- Strong credit underwriting skills desired.
- Prior experience in banking/analyst/relationship management desired.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant banking laws, regulations and bank practices desired.
- Minimum 2 year’s bank experience in loan and credit operations.
- Business degree in accounting or finance.
- Formal credit operations training.