Review and analyze financial assets, liabilities, audit reports, and some qualitative data from subcontractors and other business partners to determine financial risks to the Company and recommend actions to minimize risks to the Company and its construction projects.
- Analyze financial statements, financial and non-financial liabilities, and other data regarding construction sub-contractors, and update that analysis as new information is obtained to help Project Management and Pre-Construction staff analyze and manage the risks posed by sub-contractors
- Help determine if the sub-contractor should be bonded, covered under one of the Company's risk management programs (such as Sub Guard or Bonding), and/or whether the sub-contractor needs to have additional contractual restrictions in order to minimize the risks posed to the Company by the sub-contractor
- Analyze credit data and financial statements and prepare reports to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or entering into other financial arrangements with subcontractors or other entities
- Confer with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate financial status of subcontractors and other business partners
- Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations
- Consult with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions and other data necessary to perform accurate and complete analyses
- Help develop policies and procedures regarding the evaluation and reporting of financial and other risks of subcontractors and other business partners
- Deliver education and training regarding risk management process, policies and best practices
- Facilitate surety or sub default claims matters, including the defaults of subs and coordination of the information flow between operations and risk management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area, and at least 2 years of experience in financial analysis
- Ability to employ persuasive and impactful communication skills
- Critical thinking skills:
- Ability to formulate, analyze and communicate ideas about unstructured business problems involving multiple functional areas of business (operations, finance, etc.).
- Ability to apply business model and research-driven methods and solutions practically
- Analytical strength: ability to interpret information, eliminate faulty reasoning and reach sound conclusions
- Skill in problem solving in a team environment; ability to collaborate with team members
Owned by descendants of founder John Ernest Dunn, J.E. Dunn Construction Group operates as the holding company for a group of construction...