Mt. Laurel, NJ
Marlin Business Services Corp. ® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products. The company's principal operating subsidiary, Marlin Leasing Corporation is a nationwide provider of commercial equipment and software financing, specializing in providing innovative solutions for small and mid-sized businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended $4 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers. Marlin is a direct lender, providing credit to the business community, enabling business leaders to preserve business capital and adopt new technology.
Marlin Business Services is seeking a Credit Analyst to underwrite small ticket commercial lease applications in a fast paced and high volume sales environment. The qualified candidate will be responsible for accurately and efficiently underwriting qualified lease applicants for equipment financing within an acceptable time frame. Qualified candidates must be energetic, detailed oriented with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, along with the ability to work independently in a team setting.
- Reviews credit data, analyzes sources of financial information such as Dun & Bradstreet, Credit Bureau (Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax), and related commercial bureau reports to render a sound credit decision
- Responsible for evaluating and recommending credit decisions for commercial lease applications according to credit policy standards in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to analyze balance sheet, income, and cash flow statements
- Ability to analyze for profit business, non-profit business and person tax returns
- May be required to recommend lease transactions above lending authority to Senior Credit Officer and Senior Credit Committee
- Convey credit decisions in a clear and concise matter to individual Sales Rep(s)
- Underwrite and qualify new vendors and vendor applications
- Comply with Credit audit procedural requirements
- Daily responsibilities will require face to face interaction with the individual Sales Rep(s) and Manager(s)
- Bachelor Degree required in related field
- Three to Five years previous Credit Analyst experience required
- Knowledge of financial statement, tax returns, and cash flow analysis skills required
- Banking or Leasing experience preferred
- Excellent PC and computer literacy skills
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented with strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package, excellent Health Benefits to include Health, Rx, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k) with match, ESPP, flexible spending, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous PTO, State of the Art Fitness Center and much more…