Support the commercial lending function by providing accurate, timely and insightful evaluations of the creditworthiness of existing and prospective commercial customers.
- Exemplifies the "Ways To AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosophy.
- Prepares credit write-ups which analyze the creditworthiness of current and prospective commercial borrowers and guarantors in support of approving authorities arriving at an accurate and well-informed credit decision.
- Creates thorough and concise analyses of the risks and mitigating factors of current and prospective commercial loan relationships by reviewing and analyzing the borrowers' and guarantors' financial statements, including but not limited to income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, tax returns, personal financial statements, real estate cash flows and appraisal reports.
- Spreads and analyzes financial statements and tax returns, prepares debt service coverage analyses, prepares personal cash flow calculations and completes assessments of guarantor financial condition and collateral.
- Completes annual or more frequent reviews of the Bank's large commercial relationships.
- Communicates effectively with senior management, credit officers, commercial lenders, account managers and lending assistants in order to produce accurate and informative evaluations of creditworthiness.
- Learns the basic functions of various lending and support areas of the Bank and may be asked to complete tasks within those departments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and is sensitive to the current regulatory environment.
- Adheres to the Bank's risk management policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and proactively addresses risk (including but not limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, fair lending and privacy).
- May attend customer calls with lending officers to develop more information on the companies being analyzed and to better assess the risks associated with the credit.
- Assists with special projects and reporting assignments within the Credit Administration area of the Bank.Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excel in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment with a focus on meeting deadlines and producing a high quality work product.
- Naturally inquisitive, detail-oriented and have a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Exceptional analytical ability and a problem-solving mindset.
- Self-motivated and effectively manage individual workflow.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in an office setting. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.