The Credit Analyst is a non-managerial role supporting the commodities trading operation of a large, integrated electric utility in Southeast Florida. The incumbent will develop skills working on the finance side of the trading organization by collaborating with traders, members of the legal team, and treasury personnel. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to take an active role in discussing credit-specific issues with senior management.
Specific duties include:
¦Monitoring industry and company-specific trends
¦Providing in-depth, fundamental research analysis
¦Negotiating trade agreements and establishing counterparty credit limits
¦Proactively reviewing assigned credit limits and suggesting credit risk mitigation plans
¦Developing strong working relationships with both internal and external customers
¦Providing timely and periodic risk reports that help assess the company's overall credit and liquidity position
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics required
- Graduate degree and/or progress toward CFA designation strongly preferred
- One to three years of experience in credit, finance, or treasury
- Thorough knowledge of credit, finance, and general business; prior energy experience is not necessary
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple, competing priorities in a trade floor atmosphere
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NextEra Energy Power Marketing, LLC
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. NextEra Energy strives to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
EnergyCentralJobs.com - 12 months ago
NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy company.
Our 2009 revenues totaled more than $15 billion. We operate nearly 43,000 megawatt...