Credit Analyst I
The Credit Analyst 1 will be responsible to analyze a loan request and approve or decline, counsel and cross sell products and services to meet the member’s needs. Assist all Patelco branches including the SF/Atwater/Mortgage call centers, CUDL department and the Collection/Bankruptcy department. Provide branch staff training in developing the confidence in processing loans and to focus on all loan opportunities. Ensure loans approved improve the quality of the loan portfolio. Additional functions include reviewing lower auto rate reduction requests, workout loans, responding to emails submitted to the department, processing various back office daily and weekly reports and any other duties assigned while monitoring the loan queue throughout the day.
• Complete reports with accuracy and by deadline
• Assist staff with how to read a credit report and debt counseling to members
• Review loans and extensions within the 10 minute turnaround including cross selling of Patelco products and services
• Update weekly rate comparison and share any new products and services other financial institutions are offering
• Provide professional, friendly and efficient member service to all members and staff
• Support the credit union’s efforts to identify and report member’s transactions in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Recognize alternatives to loan products beneficial to members based on circumstance and review with Credit Analyst II for further recommendation
• Recommend extensions in the event member is facing a temporary hardship
• Reply to staff questions in a professional and expedient manner to educate staff
• Offer suggestions and recommendations as solutions and ways to enhance the working environment
• Educate and train staff to increase lending knowledge associated with member and credit union benefits
• Suggest counseling methods for members by creating a loan scenario to best fit the member’s financial needs
• Inquire with Credit Analyst II on how to resolve issues when unsure of solution, demonstrating ownership and the initiative to learn problem solving
• Recognize priority and relative importance of individual, departmental and organizational goals
• Complete and pass all training modules within allotted time frame
• Solicit all loan and share products including mortgage loan referrals and promotion eligible to members when analyzing loans
Qualifications - Successful candidates will have:
• High School Diploma
• External candidates must possess 3 years in the credit lending field
• Occasional visits to branches for branch training.
• Proficient in MS Windows and Office (Word & Excel)
• Proficient on Summit, Origins, Loan Hunter and Akcelerant
• PC proficient preferred
• Proficient in English, both oral and written
• Bilingual in any language, preferred but not required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Patelco Credit Union - 18 months ago
Just as communication from afar has progressed from smoke signals and carrier pigeons to today's telephone, Patelco Credit Union...