Credit Analyst in Houston-1300426
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. Commercial Lending Trainees work as Credit Analysts and are placed in a fifteen to twenty-four month training program to prepare them to become Commercial Lenders. The Credit Analyst is responsible for assisting commercial lending departments with the underwriting and documentation of a loan request.
Successful incumbents possess business acumen, intellectual horsepower, perseverance, written communication skills; have time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
Comerica Bank uses IBM Lotus Notes for database, calendaring and e-mail functions.
This Credit Analyst position will be located in Houston, Texas and reports to the Alternate Credit Administration Officer.
- Commercial Lending Trainees work as Credit Analysts and are placed in a fifteen to twenty-four month training program to prepare them to become Commercial Lenders.
- Assist the commercial lending departments with the underwriting and documentation of a loan request.
- Provide analysis of the proposed structure and the various repayment sources, analysis of industry/economic factors affecting the request.
- Provide on-going monitoring of the credit exposure once the transaction is completed.
- Provide high quality customer service as well as assist lenders in cultivating new business relationships.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Economics
- 3.0 (GPA) overall grade point average (GPA will be calculated by using grades for all credit hours/classes that are applied towards degree including transferred credits)
- 2 Accounting classes (3.0 average GPA)
- 1 year word processing and spreadsheet software experience
- Transcripts are required as part of the application process. Please attach your transcripts along with your resume in order for your application to be considered for this position.
- Degree (as described above) must be complete in order to be considered.
- Candidate will be required to attend credit training in Auburn Hills, MI for 3 weeks.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Comerica's more than 9,200 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check and a drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Primary Location : US-TX-Houston
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Comerica - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard