Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $87 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Job
Credit Risk Management is currently seeking experienced Credit Associates. Credit Associates interpret all types of credit information and analysis on both existing and prospective customers within Key's Community Bank. They are responsible for structuring new requests as well as renewals. Credit Associates are required to decision loans within an assigned lending authority.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate applicant's credit needs, financial strength and other background information to determine if request for credit is an acceptable risk.
- Assess liquidity, quality of management, market position, and overall business climate to estimate future profitability of business.
- Interpret cash flow, balance sheet, income statements, and tax returns (both personal and business) to determine credit worthiness.
- Use credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Review financial statements and all other relevant financial analysis as well as non-financial data to develop a concise focused analytical foundation for a credit decision.
- Accountable for creating credit write-up to determine loan structuring opportunities to present to Credit Officers.
- Approve loan transactions within applicable lending authority.
- Serves as mentor, coach and trainer for analyst staff.
- Periodic assignments related to the constantly changing risk management environments.
- Bachelor's Degree with a preferred focus on Business course work, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years prior experience with commercial/small business lending
- Familiarity with, and understanding of, traditional and automated commercial credit underwriting/approval methodologies and their use
- Satisfactory understanding and knowledge of commercial credit policies, procedures, and loan systems
- Commitment to core values; Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Leadership
- Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated business writing and communications/presentation skills
- Satisfactory knowledge and proficiency in working with personal computers and business software (e.g. Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
- Willingness to consider relocation across Key's footprint
Careers at Key
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
KeyBank - 16 months ago
Financial services giant KeyCorp unlocks its customers' monetary potential. With a focus on retail operations, flagship subsidiary...