The Credit & Collections Manager is responsible for all regional credit, collection and accounts receivables activities, including: daily management of all department related activities, continual evaluation of processes for improvement, representing the Credit Department in key department and company-wide initiatives, taking a leadership role in addressing sensitive or complex customer/system issues, and providing reporting as requested. Position must operate under minimal supervision.
• Review and approve credit applications, pull D&B reports, request credit insurance coverage if necessary, set credit limits with information as to projected sales
• Review AR for assigned locations, recommend sales representative or designated AR person call on past due invoices, call on customers when accounts are seriously delinquent, send final demand letters, submit accounts to collection when all collection efforts have been exhausted.
• Monitor Past Due account to ensure collection actions are being documented in the agreement notes in our system (ASW).
• Review short pays for resolution with sales representative and/or designated branch employee
• Update credit limits
• Place accounts on AR hold when necessary
• Release orders that are on credit hold for assigned locations, review accounts to determine why they are on hold, adjust credit limits if necessary
• Complete adjustment forms for write offs and necessary adjustments
• Work with customers with regards to open invoices, credit memos, unapplied payments, etc.
• Update accounts with D&B alerts
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of three years experience in credit and collections
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
Victory Packaging - 23 months ago
Family-owned Victory Packaging manufactures and distributes corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, shrink film, tape, equipment, and other packaging...