CREDIT COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Do you have experience managing a complex project or task successfully? Do you have the skills needed to read and comprehend large amounts of information and provide recommendations for action? Do you enjoy research and writing? Do you have a proven track record of being able to successfully manage communication between multiple parties?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, we encourage you to review the rest of this position description to see if the role of Credit Compliance Specialist may be right for you! This is not an entry level position. The role is an exempt position, and seasoned professionals are encouraged to apply!
Core Responsibilities :
Ensure Credit Department compliance with all state and federal regulations in regard to credit and collection by:
· Monitoring new Federal and State legislation and taking action to address required system and/or procedural changes. Once action items are identified and confirmed, work with stakeholders, inside and outside of Credit, to initiate a project plan to implement all changes by required compliance dates.
· Conducting regular audits of credit systems and procedures.
· Partnering with the insurance vendor to ensure ongoing compliance to state insurance law related to offering the Payment Protection Plan to credit customers
· Completing detailed audit summaries of findings related to all audits conducted.
· Maintaining a Quarterly Compliance Update document of all pending and passed legislation impacting Sterling Credit for the Credit Executive Team.
· Communicating with legal counsel regarding questions, new initiatives, contracts, licensing agreements, etc.
· Working with the Training Manager and/or Director to ensure training manuals and materials contain accurate information related to compliance issues.
· Consulting with Store Operations and creating field communication about compliance related changes impacting our stores and customers.
· Supporting upper management in the research of compliance issues, and in the gathering of information to respond to legal requests for information regarding credit practices.
*Knowledge of Credit programs, procedures and systems
*Ability to research complex legal issues, summarize regulations and make appropriate recommendations as to impact and action needed
*Well developed communication skills ( both written and verbal)
*Proven ability to apply effective judgment and decision making skills
*Strong project management and organizational skills
*College degree and legal knowledge/background are preferred
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 13 months ago