The role is for a Java developer working in the US Credit Trading IT team. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of front-to-back functionality to support the US Credit Desk.
The US Credit Technology team serves the Credit desk, providing development and support of a variety of applications critical to trading corporate bonds, loans, and credit derivatives.
· Solid understanding of the fundamentals of vanilla Java programming - Multithreading, OO, distributed computing, message-based architectures.
· Expert knowledge of Java
· Expert knowledge of SQL using Sybase or Oracle
· Expert knowledge of Unix and shell scripting
· Experience developing with Perl
· Demonstrable leadership skills
· Application development involving an understanding of the user domain, rather than just implementing technical solutions.
· Proven experience of complete project lifestyle.
· Development experience on a large complex codebase
· Experience of working and developing software in a real-time environment.
Basic Fixed Income knowledge required.
· Financial knowledge
· Front office
· Electronic Trading
· Improving development practices for team as a whole
· Fixed Income knowledge bond or CDS pricing and e-trading
· Keen interest in financial products and eager to develop a career in technology in the front office of an investment bank.
· Takes ownership of issues and manages them appropriately.
· Genuine interest in teamwork. Proven record of making improvements for the team as a whole, assisting and working with others and aligning development work with team objectives.
· Understanding that application development is more than purely coding.
RBS - 18 months ago