Responsible for the Business Credit Solutions (BCS) Portfolio and Underwriting function, including Portfolio Quality, Service Quality, Personnel, & Training. Liaison to Credit Administration & Senior Management.
Ensures compliance with established Loan policies and regulatory requirements.
Reviews loan policies and recommends changes to reflect group credit risk appetite.
Identifies trends and/or changes in market and economic conditions that could impact the portfolio and takes action as required.
Provides ongoing training for underwriting staff to ensure consistent credit decisions.
Monitors past dues & delinquency reports and recommends SAD transfers as required.
Ensures that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met for credit decisions, telephone and email responses of underwriting staff.
Ensures that customers (internal) receive prompt, courteous and accurate responses.
Ensures personnel performance reviews are completed in a timely manner.
Maintains department expenses within assigned budget.
Encourages interdepartmental cooperation and support.
Identifies & implements opportunities to increase revenues.
Identifies & implements opportunities to improve efficiencies throughout the entire department
Assists with merger / acquisition related activities as needed
Identifies & implements opportunities to expand product line
Maintains a high level of department morale.
Other duties as required.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Field of Experience
- Commercial lending, including underwriting, documentation, legal/regulatory and other compliance issues.
- Knowledge of both commercial and agricultural industries.
- General & Process Management
- Computer/systems operation Approval Authority
- As delegated by Credit Administration; generally adequate to approve any conforming product within our product set. Includes full policy exception authority.
- BCS portfolio is approximately 45,000 accounts & $5B in commitments
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and services knowledge
- Demonstrated management skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Planning & organization skills
- Presentation skills
- Written & Verbal communication skills
- Manages several locations through subordinate managers
- 30 - 35 Direct Reports: Exempt/ VP Level Managers and Underwriters and non-exempt Processors
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America,...