Novelis is the world’s premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling. Drawing on our expertise, commitment to innovation and world-leading technology, we deliver sustainable solutions for the most demanding applications, including automobiles, beverage cans, architecture and consumer electronics. Our customers include major brands such as ABInBev, Audi, Ball, BMW, Coca-Cola, Crown Packaging, Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, LG, Mercedes-Benz, Rexam, Samsung and others. The lifecycle sustainability of Novelis aluminum brings tremendous benefits to our customers, consumers and society.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 11,000 employees in 25 operating facilities in nine counties in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. The company reported revenue of $9.8 billion for its 2013 fiscal year and is investing $1.7 billion globally in expansions to meet the growing demand for aluminum.
The North America Credit team is seeking a Credit Manager in the Atlanta, GA regional office. The primary role will be to administering Novelis credit policies in order to enhance sales volume and productivity, optimize cash flow, minimize bad debt losses, build and maintain customer goodwill and control the credit limits extended to our customers. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development and training of direct reports.
- Reviewing NNA & Global customer accounts for payment discrepancies.
- Monitor customer aged trial balances daily
- Communicate issues with customer and internal business partners
- Monitor and analyze customer performance trends
- Review Credit KPI’s as needed
- Utilize “Scorecard” Analysis tools
- Review and update existing customer credit Scorecards and evaluate potential customers for credit risk.
- Reviews of customers based on SAP Risk Categories and business information with our business partners as needed or required by our credit policy
- Update customer portfolios with financial data and payment trends
- Review and adjust Credit Limits quarterly or as needed
- Review and evaluate new customer applications for credit risk and extension of credit
- Quarterly forecast and analysis of bad debt write-offs & recoveries for NNA.
- Review and update reserves for doubtful accounts
- Report to Finance & the Value Streams bad debt activity
- Cash Receipts Forecast
- Prepare monthly cash receipts estimates for current forecast periods
- Reconcile misses and review opportunities to improve cash flow
- Manage Credit Dept direct reports
- Create a working environment that encourages creativity and values leadership, safety and diversity
- Lead improvement projects for Credit.
- Prepare & Manage Credit Dept. Budget
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business or Finance related field
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in credit management
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Experience in credit negotiations
- Experience in a manufacturing industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to travel as needed
US-Georgia-3560 Lenox Rd Suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Novelis - 10 months ago